Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love the fall.
Growing up in Wisconsin, the season change was subtle; chilly mornings heading off to school in my little brown and yellow uniform, leaves losing their brilliant, shiny green, and the magic scent of the air. All these were undeniable signs that fall was just ahead.
As I matured, I learned that Fall was my favorite season. In Madison, where I went to college, I had the opportunity to ride along the bike path that bordered Lake Mendota, to smell the fall, to see the bright red and orange leaves, and yes, even breathe in the air on a chilly Late September morning. In Nebraska, I’ve come to love the colors as well, but the colors here are changes in corn and wheat as is dries at the       end of the season, and my most favorite colored crop of all...milo!

I take all these harvest colors into consideration when I craft my Halloween and Fall creations. It’s time now (even though it’s just August!) to start thinking about how you plan to decorate your home to bring the warm colors of fall.

Will you put some hay bales and scarecrows on the front porch? How about some dried cornstalks around a pillar with small gourds and pumpkins? Inside, will you burns some pumpkin scented candles, bake apple crisp, and decorate pumpkins?
So, please do share how you plan to decorate for the upcoming eason! It’s early yet, but I’m willing to bet some of us have started pondering how to move away from the red, white and blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment